Thursday, March 1, 2007

New Members of the Sheep Flock

Yesterday started out looking like a great day to go pick up the two new ewes.

It was the day that old man winter decided to dump a snow storm on that part of the province. I was about an hour west of the manitoba border.
On the road for almost 12 hours , round trip.
Shouldnt have taken that long but with the weather acting up like it was, it did.
Apparently , the roads were closed where I was driving LOL .
It took almost double the time to drive about 125 miles?
Stayed on the road and made it home safely late evening last night.
Four wheel drive is a good thing ;)

*Baby with Catie bringing up the rear*
(they were named when I bought them)


I tried to get better picture of Catie but she seems to be camera shy

Thats it from By the Hills

1 comment:

Val said...

Nice looking ewes.Catey looks like she has alot of wool;)If I would have read your blog before I would have realized you had sheep. Nice looking blog too!